What has HARE done?
So you know that the Hamilton Association for Renewable Energy (HARE) exists, but what do they do? The items below provide information and links to activities that the members of our organization have involved themselves in.
Input into Ontario’s Long Term Energy Plan
Members of the HARE Board of Directors took advantage of the opportunity to submit feedback to Julie Green, Senior Policy Advisor for the Ontario government on the proposed Long Term Energy Plan. We provided comment in the form of answers to the considerations proposed, as well as further input. Please click on the links below to read our input, as well as access the material referenced in the document.
HARE input to Ontario’s Long Term Energy Plan (276 kb PDF file)
- Shadow Carbon Pricing in the Canadian Energy Sector
- Greenhouse-gas Emissions from Solar Electric- and Nuclear Power: A Life-cycle Study
- The Base Load Fallacy
- About the R-2000 Standard
- Economics of nuclear power plants
- SNAKE OIL: How Fracking’s False Promise of Plenty Imperils Our Future – Introduction
- Energy from waste – US EPA and Denmark